Banana Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 125mL
- 1 cup granulated sugar 250 mL
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 10 mL
- 1 medium banana, mashed (approx. 2/3 cup/150 mL)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour 150 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 250 mL
- 1/4 cup icing sugar 60 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9x9x2-inch (22cm x 22cm x 5 cm) baking pan with foil and parchment paper, spray with canola spray. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, with a whisk blend canola oil and cocoa powder well. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, add bananas, flour, salt and chocolate chips.
- 3. Pour batter into pan, smooth to the sides. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- 4. Let cool completely in pan before slicing. Dust with icing sugar.
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Quick Dark Chocolate Brownies
These better-for-you brownies are rich in chocolate, but balanced in sweetness by almonds, which also add a little crunch.
Black Bean Brownies
A dessert you can feel great about, these brownies offer protein, fiber and a smooth texture thanks to black beans. Canola oil is a baking no-brainer with less saturated fat than other cooking oils, a light texture and neutral flavor.