Chicken and Feta Grain Bowls
- Reserved Mint-Parsley Lemon Chicken and topping*
- 2 cups cooked brown rice 500 mL
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved 250 mL
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted** 125 mL
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta 60 mL
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1. Chop chicken.
- 2. Cook rice according to package directions and place in a medium bowl with the reserved topping*; toss well.
- 3. Spoon rice mixture into the bottom of 4 soup bowls; spoon equal amounts of the chicken into the center of each bowl. Arrange the tomatoes, almonds, and feta in sections around the chicken. Squeeze the lemon juice evenly over all and sprinkle with salt.
- *Note: Reserved from preparing the Mint-Parsley Lemon Chicken recipe.
- **To toast almonds, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook almonds 2–3 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet immediately.
- Link:Mint-Parsley Lemon Chicken
1/2 cup (125 mL) rice, 3 oz (90 g) cooked chicken, and 1/2 cup (125 mL) topping
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Pork Long Leaf Lettuce Wraps
This crisp and refreshing dish packs together the perfect mix of crunch, spice and sweetness in a wrap with diced pork, juicy pineapple chunks and dry roasted peanuts. As a part of our Cook Once, Eat Twice collection, this dish is repurposed from our Pork & Petite Peppers with Fresh Ginger Hot Sauce recipe.
Mint-Parsley Lemon Chicken
The combination of lemon and fresh mint makes for a light and delectable dish that’s versatile and easy to cook by laying it on the grill or searing it on a skillet. As part of our Cook Once, Eat Twice collection, this recipe is great for tonight and then tomorrow make Chicken and Feta Grain Bowl with the leftovers.