Pork & Petite Peppers with Fresh Ginger Hot Sauce
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 2 pkg (8 oz/250 g multi-colored petite bell peppers)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided 30 mL
- 8 (4 oz/125 g each) boneless center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed of fat
- 1 tsp ground cumin 5 mL
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided 4 mL
- 1 tsp black pepper 5 mL
- 2 limes, halved
- 2 Tbsp honey 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger root 15 mL
- 2 tsp cider vinegar 10 mL
- 1. Heat a grill coated with canola oil cooking spray over medium-high heat. Place the peppers in a large bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil until well coated. Place on grill and cook 4 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, brush both sides of pork chops with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil and sprinkle with the cumin, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt, and black pepper.
- 3. Place on grill (after peppers have cooked 4 minutes) and cook pork alongside the peppers for 4 minutes on each side or until the pork’s internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- 4. Meanwhile, combine honey, Sriracha sauce, ginger root, cider vinegar, and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- 5. Cook Once Eat Twice: Reserve 4 pork chops, half the peppers, half the sauce, and 2 lime halves for Pork Long Leaf Lettuce Wraps. Cool and refrigerate.
- 6. Serve remaining peppers alongside the remaining pork, squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the pork, and drizzle the remaining sauce over the pork.
- Cook Once Eat Twice Recipe Collection
3 oz (90 g) cooked pork, 1/2 cup (125 mL) peppers, and 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) sauce
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|