Pork & Petite Peppers with Fresh Ginger Hot Sauce
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 2 pkg (8 oz/250 g multi-colored petite bell peppers)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided 30 mL
- 8 (4 oz/125 g each) boneless center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed of fat
- 1 tsp ground cumin 5 mL
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided 4 mL
- 1 tsp black pepper 5 mL
- 2 limes, halved
- 2 Tbsp honey 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger root 15 mL
- 2 tsp cider vinegar 10 mL
- 1. Heat a grill coated with canola oil cooking spray over medium-high heat. Place the peppers in a large bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil until well coated. Place on grill and cook 4 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, brush both sides of pork chops with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil and sprinkle with the cumin, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt, and black pepper.
- 3. Place on grill (after peppers have cooked 4 minutes) and cook pork alongside the peppers for 4 minutes on each side or until the pork’s internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- 4. Meanwhile, combine honey, Sriracha sauce, ginger root, cider vinegar, and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- 5. Cook Once Eat Twice: Reserve 4 pork chops, half the peppers, half the sauce, and 2 lime halves for Pork Long Leaf Lettuce Wraps. Cool and refrigerate.
- 6. Serve remaining peppers alongside the remaining pork, squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the pork, and drizzle the remaining sauce over the pork.
- Links: Pork Long Leaf Lettuce Wraps
3 oz (90 g) cooked pork, 1/2 cup (125 mL) peppers, and 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) sauce
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Pressed Pepperoncini-Pork Sandwiches
Hearty French bread combined with pork loin chops, pepperoncini, tomato, red onion, garlic and cider vinegar make this the ultimate Italian style sandwich. A part of our Cook Once, Eat Twice collection, this delectable lunch starts with our Pork Loin Chops with Sweet Balsamic Mushrooms.
Pork Loin Chops with Sweet Balsamic Mushrooms
Portobello mushrooms cooked with a sweet balsamic glaze make a delicious pairing with tender and juicy roasted pork loin. As part of our Cook Once, Eat Twice collection, the leftovers can be given new life as Pressed Pepperoncini-Pork Sandwiches the next day.
Pork Long Leaf Lettuce Wraps
This crisp and refreshing dish packs together the perfect mix of crunch, spice and sweetness in a wrap with diced pork, juicy pineapple chunks and dry roasted peanuts. As a part of our Cook Once, Eat Twice collection, this dish is repurposed from our Pork & Petite Peppers with Fresh Ginger Hot Sauce recipe.