Mint-Parsley Lemon Chicken
- 8 (4 oz/125 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest 15 mL
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 60 mL
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano 15 mL
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint (or cilantro) 125 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 60 mL
- 1/8 tsp dried pepper flakes 0.5 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch (1-cm) thickness and place in a large resealable plastic bag; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine canola oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano and garlic. Whisk until well blended. Pour half of the mixture over chicken and seal bag, toss back and forth to coat chicken, and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours. Refrigerate the remaining lemon juice mixture until needed.
- 3. Heat grill or grill pan coated with canola oil cooking spray over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from the marinade, discard marinade, and cook chicken 5–6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine the reserved lemon juice mixture with the mint, parsley, pepper flakes, and salt.
- 5. Cook Once Eat Twice: Reserve 4 chicken breasts and half of the mint mixture (stored separately) for Chicken and Feta Grain Bowl. Cool and refrigerate.
- 6. Serve remaining chicken breasts topped with the remaining mint mixture.
- Links: Chicken and Feta Grain Bowl
3 oz (90 g) cooked chicken breast and 1 1/2 Tbsp (20 mL) mint mixture
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Pressed Pepperoncini-Pork Sandwiches
Hearty French bread combined with pork loin chops, pepperoncini, tomato, red onion, garlic and cider vinegar make this the ultimate Italian style sandwich. A part of our Cook Once, Eat Twice collection, this delectable lunch starts with our Pork Loin Chops with Sweet Balsamic Mushrooms.
Pork Loin Chops with Sweet Balsamic Mushrooms
Portobello mushrooms cooked with a sweet balsamic glaze make a delicious pairing with tender and juicy roasted pork loin. As part of our Cook Once, Eat Twice collection, the leftovers can be given new life as Pressed Pepperoncini-Pork Sandwiches the next day.