Citrus Beef on Zucchini Ribbons
- Reserved Flank with Soy-Lime Reduction*
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil, divided 20 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided 2 mL
- 8 oz sliced baby Portobello mushrooms 250 g
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp grated orange zest 5 mL
- 2 Tbsp orange juice 30 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion 60 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 185°F (85°C). Thinly slice reserved beef, then cut slices into 1/4-inch wide strips; set aside.
- 2. Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise to form long “ribbons.”
- 3. Working in 2 batches, heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the zucchini and cook 1 1/2–2 minutes or until just tender-crisp, using 2 utensils to stir as you would a stir-fry. Place immediately on a serving platter and place in low-heat oven to keep warm; do NOT cover. Repeat with 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil and remaining zucchini. Add to the zucchini and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the salt.
- 4. Heat remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil in the skillet; cook the mushrooms and peppers 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the beef and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt. Cook 1–2 minutes or until heated. Spoon mixture over zucchini.
- 5. Remove skillet from heat, stir in the reserved sauce, orange zest, and orange juice, drizzle over all, and sprinkle with green onion.
- *Note: Reserved from preparing the Flank with Soy-Lime Reduction recipe.
- Links: Flank Steak with Soy-Lime Reduction
1/2 cup (125 mL) zucchini and 1 cup (250 mL) beef mixture
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Mint-Parsley Lemon Chicken
The combination of lemon and fresh mint makes for a light and delectable dish that’s versatile and easy to cook by laying it on the grill or searing it on a skillet. As part of our Cook Once, Eat Twice collection, this recipe is great for tonight and then tomorrow make Chicken and Feta Grain Bowl with the leftovers.
Flank Steak with Soy-Lime Reduction
The mixture of soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and lime juice create a perfect marinade for lean, quick cooking flank steak recipe. As part of our Cook Once, Eat Twice collection, this entrée is perfect for tonight and can be transformed into Citrus Beef on Zucchini Ribbons.