Citrus Beef on Zucchini Ribbons
- Reserved Flank with Soy-Lime Reduction*
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil, divided 20 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided 2 mL
- 8 oz sliced baby Portobello mushrooms 250 g
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp grated orange zest 5 mL
- 2 Tbsp orange juice 30 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion 60 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 185°F (85°C). Thinly slice reserved beef, then cut slices into 1/4-inch wide strips; set aside.
- 2. Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise to form long “ribbons.”
- 3. Working in 2 batches, heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the zucchini and cook 1 1/2–2 minutes or until just tender-crisp, using 2 utensils to stir as you would a stir-fry. Place immediately on a serving platter and place in low-heat oven to keep warm; do NOT cover. Repeat with 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil and remaining zucchini. Add to the zucchini and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the salt.
- 4. Heat remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil in the skillet; cook the mushrooms and peppers 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the beef and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt. Cook 1–2 minutes or until heated. Spoon mixture over zucchini.
- 5. Remove skillet from heat, stir in the reserved sauce, orange zest, and orange juice, drizzle over all, and sprinkle with green onion.
- *Note: Reserved from preparing the Flank with Soy-Lime Reduction recipe.
- Cook Once Eat Twice Recipe Collection
1/2 cup (125 mL) zucchini and 1 cup (250 mL) beef mixture
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|