Flank Steak with Soy-Lime Reduction
- 2 lb flank steak 1 kg
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce 125 mL
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice 75 mL
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 45 mL
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided 30 mL
- 1 tsp garlic powder 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp dried pepper flakes 2 mL
- 1. Place beef in a large, resealable plastic bag and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, vinegar, sugar, 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, garlic powder, and pepper flakes. Whisk until well blended. Reserve half of mixture (about 1/2 cup/125 mL) and pour the remaining half over the beef and seal bag; toss back and forth to coat beef. Refrigerate overnight or up to 48 hours, if desired, turning occasionally.
- 3. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef 5–6 minutes on each side or until very pink in center. (Do not overcook or it will be tough.) Place on a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- 4. Pour reserved marinade into the pan residue in skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook 3 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup (60 mL), scraping bottom and sides of skillet. (The sauce consistency will be very thick.)
- 5. Cook Once Eat Twice: Reserve half of the sauce (about 2 Tbsp/30 mL) and half of the beef in separate containers for Citrus Beef on Zucchini Ribbons. Cool and refrigerate.
- 6. To serve, thinly slice remaining beef against the grain and drizzle with remaining sauce (about 2 Tbsp/30 mL).
- Cook Once Eat Twice Recipe Collection
3 oz (90 g) cooked beef and 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) sauce
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|