Coconut Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed in water 250 mL
- 1 cup of water 250 mL
- 1 can (14 oz/ 398 mL) light coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp salt 0.5 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 mango, cut in quarters
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped 15 mL
- 1. In saucepan, cook rice with water, coconut milk and salt over medium heat. Once rice boils, lower temperature and continue to cook, covered, until rice is smooth and fluffy, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2. In sauté pan, warm canola oil on medium heat and lightly sauté mango pieces until they turn light golden color. Add chopped basil, then remove from heat.
- 3. Serve rice in bowls topped with mango pieces and fresh basil leaves.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Grilled Pineapple with Ginger and Star Anise Marinade
Fresh ginger and whole star anise perfume this tasty dessert. Canola oil is used to coat the pineapple before grilling because of both its high heat tolerance and mild flavor.
Turkey and Plantain Stuffed Poblano Chiles
Ground turkey provides a base for a robust dish that's layered with flavors: fresh and dried herbs, spices and the gentle heat of poblanos. Heart-healthy canola oil's neutral taste lets these tastes come to the fore.