Cranberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 (10oz/284 g) bag of baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup dried cranberries 250 mL
- 2/3 cup toasted shaved almonds 150 mL
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled light feta cheese 75 mL
- 2/3 cup canola oil 150 mL
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar with raspberry juice vinegar 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds 15 mL
- 2 tsp granulated sugar 10 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 1. In a large salad bowl combine spinach, cranberries, almonds, green onion and feta cheese.
- 2. In a separate small bowl, combine canola oil, balsamic vinegar, poppy seeds, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour dressing over top of salad ingredients and toss lightly. Serve immediately.
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Mixed Berry, Cucumber and Mint Salad with Lime Dressing
Strawberries and cucumbers have a natural affinity because the mild flavor and crunch of a cucumber partners perfectly with sweet, tender strawberries. Other contrasting flavors and textures come from fresh mint, honey mustard and lime zest. Canola oil allows these flavors to shine. The dressing has just four ingredients, so it's easy to make any weeknight.
Strawberry and Mango Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Canola oil's mild flavor make it a great choice for recipes that you want the flavours of the ingredients to shine through and not be masked by a strongly tasting oil.