Crispy Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten with a fork
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese 30 mL
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs or brown rice cereal crumbs 375 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 425ᵒF (220ᵒC). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Wash cauliflower; remove leaves and break into slightly larger than bite-sized pieces.
- 3. In bowl, combine egg whites and canola oil. In another bowl, place Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs or cereal crumbs.
- 4. Dip each piece of cauliflower in the egg–oil mix and then into the crumbs to coat.
- 5. Place cauliflower pieces in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- 6. Roast for 20 minutes. Turn the pieces over and continue roasting for an additional 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
3/4 cup (175 mL)
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Green Bean Saltado
A twist on the Peruvian classic lomo saltado, this recipe showcases green beans, which are popular during the holidays. Green beans have high levels of carotenoids and canola oil helps keep the dish’s saturated fat content to a minimum compared to typical holiday sides.