- 1 small cauliflower head (about 2 lb/900g)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 2 mL
- 2 tsp garlic powder 10 mL
- juice of 2 lemons (about 1/4 cup/60 mL)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp chopped capers 30 mL
- 1. Preheat oven at 400 °F (200 °C).
- 2. Cut cauliflower head into similar sized florets. In bowl, toss cauliflower with canola oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Spread on parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 35 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown.
- 3. Toss with lemon juice, rosemary and capers. Serve warm.
3/4 cup (175 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Maple Roasted Vegetables
Canola oil is one of the healthiest vegetable oils, It has no trans fats and lowest saturated fat level of any commonly used vegetable oil.
Looking for a different way to do broccoli, why not try roasting them. Roasting helps to bring out the flavors and the added zest and nuts makes a great addition to a healthy side dish.