Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple 375 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion 60 mL
- 1/2 cup diced, seeded red bell pepper 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 4 mahi-mahi fillets (6 oz/170 g each)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper 1 mL
- 1. In bowl, combine pineapple, onion, red pepper, mint and lime juice; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2. In nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Add fish and sprinkle with pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes. Turn and cook additional 3-5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- 3. Top fish with pineapple salsa and serve.
1 fillet mahi-mahi (6 oz/170 g) and 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Fish Tacos with Avocado Salsa
Since experts recommend eating at least 8 oz of seafood a week for most adults, take a break from the standby beef taco and go fish! See the recipe video below.
Orange Glazed Salmon over Sauteed Spinach
Pretty to look at, delicious to eat, salmon-infused with seasonal fresh orange and heart-healthy canola oil served over slightly wilted spinach is easy to make any time of year.