Orange Glazed Salmon over Sauteed Spinach
- 1 orange, washed, grated* and juiced
- 2 Tbsp honey 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil, divided 15 mL
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes 1 mL
- 1 (12oz/350g) salmon fillet, cut in 4 pieces
- 8 oz fresh spinach, trimmed 250g
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 1/8 tsp freshly-ground black pepper 0.5 mL
- 1. Combine juice from orange, honey, brown sugar, 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil and red pepper flakes.
- 2. Arrange salmon in dish just big enough to hold fillet; pour orange juice mixture over salmon. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning salmon once to distribute flavors. Discard marinade.
- 3. Grill salmon skin side up, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes; turn and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, until fish flakes easily.
- 4. Just before salmon is done, saute spinach in 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil in
- 5. Spoon spinach onto heated plates. Top with salmon. Sprinkle with grated orange peel.
- Note: *reserve grated orange rind for garnish.
3/4 cup (175 mL)
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Asian Orange Soy Marinated Salmon
This Asian-inspired marinade blends together traditional ingredients found in teriyaki sauce such as soy sauce, garlic and ginger, but adds orange juice and chili flakes for a twist. Canola oil showcases these ingredients beautifully while protecting the salmon on the grill.
Grilled Salmon Over Lentil Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
This hearty, delicious meal is easy to make and easy to enjoy. Eat it for lunch, dinner or even a picnic. Canola oil in the marinade and vinaigrette allows the zingy taste of the Dijon mustard and fresh herbs to come through. Canola oil also provides heart-smart omega-3 fat along with the salmon and walnuts.