Shredded Chicken Tostadas with Spicy Tomato Salsa
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped, divided
- 1/4 onion, sliced into strips
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts, 12 oz (350 g), cooked and shredded
- 1/2 tsp pepper 2 mL
- 3 tomatoes, grilled*
- 2 Tbsp chopped pickled jalapeños** 30 mL
- 1/2 cup water 125 mL
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped 2 mL
- 1 chipotle chile, chopped
- 4 corn tostadas
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1. In sauté pan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add half of garlic and onion and sauté until brown. Add shredded chicken and pepper. Cook until heated through.
- 2. In saucepan over medium heat, combine tomatoes, remaining garlic, jalapeños, water, oregano and chipotle chile. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 3. To serve, warm tostadas and divide chicken mixture equally on each tostada. Garnish with onion and avocado.
- Note: * To grill tomatoes, slice in half and remove pulp and seeds over sink. Place face down on grill or grill pan for 2 to 4 minutes.
- ** Beware, this dish is spicy hot, so use fewer jalapeños to tame it down to taste.
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Fish Tacos with Avocado Salsa
Since experts recommend eating seafood at least twice a week, take a break from the standby beef taco and go fish! See the recipe video below.
Grilled Fish Tacos with Citrus Slaw
Canola oil's mild flavor make it a great choice for recipes that you want the flavors of the ingredients to shine through.