Fruit Salad with Mojito Dressing
- Fruit Salad
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into bite-size pieces (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (375 mL)
- 1/2 small cantaloupe, cut into balls or bite-size pieces (about 1 1/2 cups/375 mL)
- 1 small papaya, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 1/2 cups/375 mL)
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- Mojito Dressing
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- 1 tsp lime zest 5 mL
- 1/2 cup club soda 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp white rum 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves 30 mL
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 5 mL
- 1. In bowl, combine all fruits and toss lightly.
- 2. In container, combine canola oil, lime juice, zest, club soda, rum, mint leaves and sugar. Drizzle dressing over fruit salad. Serve immediately.
- Cook's notes: Salad can be prepared in advance; add bananas just before serving.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Three Citrus Mint Dressing on Seasonal Fresh Fruits
This light and zesty dressing enhances fresh seasonal fruit like a mint pesto. The canola oil only enhances the mint without distracting from its flavor.
P.S. I Love You Salad
Walnuts, chocolate, pomegranate, honey, canola oil and fruit just say I love you!