Grilled Chicken & Pepperoncini Butter Lettuce Salad
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and pat dry 500 g
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 2 mL
- 6 cups butter lettuce blend (or torn butter and red leaf lettuces) 1.5 L
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers 250 mL
- 3 oz. crumbled reduced-fat feta 90 g
- 1 oz. sliced pepperoncini peppers 30 g
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1/4 cup dry white wine 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar 45 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 2 Tbsp plucked fresh oregano 30 mL
- 1. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- 2. Coat both sides of the chicken breasts with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and black pepper. Cook 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center. Place on cutting board to cool before thinly slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, place the lettuce on a large platter, top with cucumbers, feta and pepperoncini peppers. Arrange chicken slices on top (or around outer edges of lettuce mixture).
- 4. Whisk together 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola oil, wine, vinegar and salt; drizzle evenly over all. Sprinkle with oregano.
2 1/4 cups (560 mL) and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) dressing
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Pomegranate-Ginger Salad with Fresh Fennel
Make this colorful salad when berries are at their best. The zesty dressing will stay free-flowing in the fridge thanks to canola oil’s low saturated fat content. Be sure to place the fennel on the salad after the dressing so it doesn’t turn pink.
Grilled Tuna Nicoise Salad
This light dish is a great choice for a summer luncheon or al fresco dinner.