Pomegranate-Ginger Salad with Fresh Fennel
- 6 cups spring greens 1.5 L
- 1 cup blueberries or raspberries (or 1/2 cup / 125 mL of each) 250 mL
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar 30 mL
- 2 tsp granulated sugar 10 mL
- 2 tsp grated gingerroot 10 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1 cup very thinly sliced fresh fennel bulb 250 mL
- 1. Place the spring greens on 4 salad plates; top with berries and set aside.
- 2. In a jar, combine pomegranate juice, canola oil, vinegar, sugar, ginger, salt, and pepper; secure with lid, shake vigorously until well blended. Spoon 3 Tbsp (45 mL) over each serving and arrange fennel around outer edges of each serving.
2 cups (500 mL) salad plus 3 Tbsp (45 mL) dressing
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Spinach Salad with Grilled and Fresh Fruit
Serving grilled fruit with fresh fruit not only makes a great-looking combination, but also provides two layers of flavor. See the recipe video below.
Mixed Berry, Cucumber and Mint Salad with Lime Dressing
Strawberries and cucumbers have a natural affinity because the mild flavor and crunch of a cucumber partners perfectly with sweet, tender strawberries. Other contrasting flavors and textures come from fresh mint, honey mustard and lime zest. Canola oil allows these flavors to shine. The dressing has just four ingredients, so it's easy to make any weeknight.
Cucumber and Black Bean Salsa Salad
Fresh cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper and cilantro combined with black beans creates a terrific salad.