Marinated Cantenaar Cheese
- 1/2 lb Cantenaar cheese, cut into 1/2- inch cubes 50 g
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar 30 mL
- 1 tsp honey 5 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil 60 mL
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley 60 mL
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion 60 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper 1 mL
- 1. Place cheese cubes in medium glass or ceramic mixing bowl.
- 2. In another small bowl, whisk together canola oil, vinegar, honey and garlic. Add basil, parsley, green onion and cayenne pepper and mix well. Pour marinade over cheese. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Let marinated cheese set at room temperature for 1 hour prior to service. Serve with picks.
- Note: If you cant find Cantenaar cheese, try with Bocconcini or other low fat, mild flavor cheese.
2 pieces of cheese
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Balsamic Caramelized Onion, Spinach and Goat Cheese Pita Pizzas
Caramelized onions are slow food at its very best and here make a glorious base for these rustic yet elegant pita pizzas topped with creamy goat cheese.
Chile Con Queso (Cheese & Green Chili Dip)
When tomatoes are in season and abundant, this is a tasty way of serving them as an appetizer.