- 3 lbs broccoli (with stalks) 1.5 kg
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon zest 30 mL
- 2-3 Tbsp toasted pine nuts 30-45 mL
- 1. Cut broccoli in half lengthwise, into smaller pieces. Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- 2. Drizzle with canola oil and lemon juice. Roast at 350 °F (180 °C) for 45 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. Place into serving dish and garnish with lemon zest and pine nuts.
4 to 6 servings
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Serve as a sublime side dish along with lean cuts of pork, roasted chicken or meaty fish dishes such as salmon or tuna steaks. Using canola oil helps keep saturated fat to a minimum in this heart-healthy recipe.
High Roasted Onions
Not all vegetable oils are the same, canola oil provides more good fats and best nutritional balance than any other popular vegetable oil.