- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion 60 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp pepper 2 mL
- 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs 75 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano 15 mL
- 1. Place tomato halves on foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle each half with canola oil.
- 2. In small bowl, combine red onion, garlic, salt, pepper and bread crumbs. Stir to combine ingredients. Sprinkle mixture over cut sides of the tomatoes.
- 3. Roast tomatoes at 350 °F (180 °C) for 45-60 minutes, or until tomatoes are very tender. Sprinkle fresh herbs over tomatoes and serve immediately.
6 to 8 servings
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
High Roasted Onions
Not all vegetable oils are the same. Canola oil not only has a high smoke point, it is also heart-healthy.
Maple Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary
Pork tenderloin is lean, yet tender and flavorful. Its long, narrow shape allows it to cook quickly, making it a great choice for fast, weeknight meals. Searing the meat on the stove-top first in a drizzle of canola oil adds flavor by browning the exterior; it then finishes cooking quickly in the oven. A simple, five-ingredient marinade does double duty - after infusing the meat its simmered into a sweet, savory sauce to serve alongside the roasted pork.