- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion 60 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp pepper 2 mL
- 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs 75 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano 15 mL
- 1. Place tomato halves on foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle each half with canola oil.
- 2. In small bowl, combine red onion, garlic, salt, pepper and bread crumbs. Stir to combine ingredients. Sprinkle mixture over cut sides of the tomatoes.
- 3. Roast tomatoes at 350 °F (180 °C) for 45-60 minutes, or until tomatoes are very tender. Sprinkle fresh herbs over tomatoes and serve immediately.
6 to 8 servings
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
High Roasted Onions
Not all vegetable oils are the same, canola oil provides more good fats and best nutritional balance than any other popular vegetable oil.
Maple Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary
Pork tenderloin is lean, yet tender and flavorful. Its long, narrow shape allows it to cook quickly, making it a great choice for fast, weeknight meals. Searing the meat on the stove-top first in a drizzle of canola oil adds flavor by browning the exterior; it then finishes cooking quickly in the oven. A simple, five-ingredient marinade does double duty - after infusing the meat its simmered into a sweet, savory sauce to serve alongside the roasted pork.