Rosemary Sweet Beet, Sweet Potato Roast
- 12 oz. peeled beets, cut in 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks (about 3 medium beets) 350 g
- 8 oz. peeled sweet potatoes, cut in 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks 250 g
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 20 mL
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
- 2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place beets and potatoes on baking sheet; toss with oil and arrange in a single layer. Bake 10 minutes, stir in peppers and garlic. Rearrange in single layer; bake 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Remove from oven.
- 3. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir gently; pull up the edges of the foil, seal ends and let stand 10 minutes to release natural juices and absorb flavors.
3/4 cup (175 mL)
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Roasted Winter Veggies and Tri-Colored Potatoes
Sometimes the simplest dishes are the best and roasted vegetables provide pure comfort that is hard to beat. Canola oil’s high heat tolerance is a great match for oven roasting.