Salmon with Sliced Zucchini
- 4 (4 oz/125 g) salmon fillets
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, divided 2 mL
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini 250 mL
- 1 tsp dill 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1. Season salmon fillets with ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper, ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt and garlic. Top salmon with zucchini slices, remaining black pepper and dill.
- 2. In skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Place salmon fillets in skillet.
- 3. Cover skillet and cook for about 7 minutes or until salmon begins to change color. Serve with pasta or rice.
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Salmon with Cilantro Crust
This recipe is so good you will want an extra serving. Salmon is known for its heart-health benefits, and becomes even healthier when cooked with canola oil, which has more plant-based omega-3 fat than any other common vegetable oil.
Roasted Salmon with Fresh Radish Relish
When radishes are plentiful in the garden or at the market, use them in this unusual fresh relish to serve with grilled chicken breast, pork chops or salmon fillets. Canola oil’s light taste works well with the complex flavors in the relish while its high smoke point makes it perfect for cooking the salmon.