Southwestern Turkey & Bean Salad
- 1 (19 oz/ 540 mL) canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 oz/ 341 mL) canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery 125 mL
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp dried parsley 5 mL
- 1 cup cooked turkey breast, diced 250 mL
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar 60 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1/8 tsp hot sauce or to taste 0.5 mL
- 1. In serving bowl, gently toss salad ingredients together.
- 2. In separate small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss gently to combine. Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour, occasionally stirring lightly.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Asian Sweet and Sour Bean Salad
Traditional bean salad takes on a new flavor and a nutritional boost with edamame soybeans and canola oil! The beans add fiber while canola oil adds healthy fats. Canola oil is low in saturated fat, trans fat free and high in monounsaturated fat.
Bean Sprouts & Tomatoes
Ideal for northern climates where all the ingredients for this salad can be readily available most of the year.