- Seasoned Rice
- 1 1/2 cups short-grain Japanese rice 375 mL
- 1 3/4 cups cold water 425 mL
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar 75 mL
- 2 Tbsp black sesame seeds 30 mL
- 2 (4oz/120g) cans crabmeat, well drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions 75 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill 15 mL
- 2 tsp lemon zest 10 mL
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 1 cup julienned cucumber 250 mL
- 1 cup julienned carrots 250 mL
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed 250 mL
- 1 (4.5oz/130g) pkg. alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar 30 mL
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp grated gingerroot 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce 15 mL
- 1. In a saucepan, combine rice and cold water. Let stand 15 minutes. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Transfer rice to large bowl. Gradually sprinkle vinegar over rice and toss lightly with a fork.
- 2. In a bowl, combine in a bowl crab meat, green onions, dill, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix well.
- 3. In a large glass salad bowl, layer crabmeat mixture, then cucumber, carrots, peas, sprouts and then seasoned rice. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk together canola oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, gingerroot and sweet chili sauce. Drizzle dressing over rice. Serve immediately or refrigerate fr several hours to allow flavors to meld.
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Broiled Trout with Lemon Oil & Oven-Grilled Vegetables
The star of this recipe is delicious lemon canola oil, which should be a staple in any pantry. It may be used on fish, in salad dressings, on roasted vegetables and just about anywhere you would use canola oil. Here, it makes this simply prepared broiled trout with vegetables a healthy and tasty weekday meal.