Tangy Grilled Asparagus
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper 2 mL
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 24 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1. In large resealable plastic bag, combine balsamic vinegar, canola oil, pepper and garlic.
- 2. Add asparagus and squeeze bag to coat asparagus with marinade; seal bag. Let stand for 30 minutes. Remove asparagus from marinade. Discard marinade.
- 3. Grill asparagus over medium heat on grill pan or outdoor grill, turning occasionally, until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Creamy Asparagus with Tomato
This easy side dish is great when fresh asparagus is in season during the spring and early summer months. Crumbled tofu is an acceptable alternative if you don't feel like cottage cheese.
Beef Wrapped Asparagus Spears with Sesame and Chipotle Sauce
Start off a meal or party with this impressive, flavor-packed appetizer. Canola oil is the best choice for searing here because of its high smoke point (468 °F).