Tropical Banana Delight
- 4 bananas, peeled, cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 60 mL
- 1 to 2 Tbsp orange juice or favorite liquor 15 to 30 mL
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground cardamom 1 to 2 mL
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut 60 mL
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted, coarsely chopped 60 mL
- 1. Prepare bananas. Heat canola oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar, orange juice and cardamom. Heat ingredients, stirring gently.
- 2. Add bananas and continue to stir gently, spooning brown sugar mixture over bananas as they cook. Do not over cook bananas as they will turn mushy.
- 3. Transfer bananas to individual serving dishes and spoon sauce over top of each serving. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and macadamia nuts. Serve immediately.
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Apple and Pear Dessert
With a brief turn in the pan, diced apples and pears transform into a quick dessert – or even a special breakfast! The mild taste and light texture of canola oil works well with fruits’ delicate flavors.
Banana Upside Down Cake
Tasty with any fruit, but bananas are so easily available year-round, that this recipe is a perfect solution to "what's for dessert?"